

Ok, so before I went to Melanie's house I had already canned a ton of tomatoes. I told Dad I was sick of them and didn't need anymore, thank you very much anyway! Well...he just picked what he wanted to eat while I was gone. This week I felt sorry for all the tomatoes going to waste out in his tomato jungle. I picked 2 bushel of them on Thursday and we did all these tomatoes on Thursday and Friday. I have enough to give Sister Wilcox a dozen pints and a dozen quarts of stewed tomatoes and a 1/2 dozen of pints and 1/2 dozen of quarts of tomato juice too. I'm going to take them to her today and finally really be done with tomatoes! She has been sick this year and wasn't able to can any for herself. I have to admit, the last are the best! They are extremely sweet and flavorful! But, really...I'm done!
1 comment:
Awesome. Tomatoes have really grown on me since I've been married. I used to loathe them. Now, I sort of like them.
Post a Comment