Thursday, May 31, 2007

Dear Jane...

Here's what I have been working on these days. My blocks are the lower row. I am making a "Dear Jane" quilt. It is a reproduction of a quilt made by Jane Stickle in 1863 that has 5602 pieces in it. My friend Elaine and I are doing it together--the only way! It is very involved. Each square is only 4.5 X 4.5 inches, so it like making miniature blocks. We put together notebooks and everything for this project. We figure it will take us at least two years. I guess you have to start somewhere! If you look really really close, you will see two little pieces of fabric underneath my blocks with spots on them. It is blood from my wound! I nicked my finger with the rotary wheel on the first day! Now we just need a pic of sweat and tears to we can say it is our quilt made with "blood, sweat, and tears!" hahaha Here's a pic of the original quilt for those of you that don't know the quilt.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Cute blocks! I can't wait to see it grow.

Erica said...

Most. Insane. Project. Ever.

Hahaha. But I think it'll look great once it's done! the blocks are super cute in person too.

Melanie said...

More insane than the giant gingerbread house that just got thrown away?

Erica said...

Oh. I forgot to put most insane QUILTING project ever. Even more than the Christmas quilt that's still not done!