
Here is Melanie and me with our Golden Chili Bowl Award! There were 18 entries in the ward chili cook-off and we won! She opened a bunch of the cans and I seasoned it. We told everyone it was all about the addition of the cocoa powder. We had a fun time at the ward Halloween party. They had a carnival, dinner and then trunk or treat for the kids. The kids got lots of candy and had a good time.
4 comments:
Hey now, I did a bit more than just open cans!! I stirred, taste-tested, shopped, consulted and was master sous chef!
The funniest part of the story is when we planned it, we said we're not going to bother with award winning chili, we're just making simple chili, it's easier that way. haha It was fun to win though!
Haha. Good job Mel and Mom! I love all the detail in the Golden Chili Bowl. I hope you display it proudly!
Hey now, no credit was given to me! I stirred the pot occasionally, and even poured it into the crock-pot. The work of a professionally skilled sous-chef!
What is that gold stuff on top
Post a Comment