Saturday, March 25, 2006

Help me decide...I'm almost done!!!




So here is the little flower girls dress! I just have the hem to finish. Here is my question: I think it needs a sash in the front and black buttons in the back--what do you think? Decisions, decisions!!! This dress is taking too much stinking time!!! I will be cutting off 4 inches of the dress to hem it and that will make it go about 1/2 way between her knee and ankle. We are going to buy some cute little socks for her and ask her mom to get some black patent leather shoes. I think she will. :) It will really look cute. She has long hair and lots of it. She will be adorable!!!

4 comments:

Krista said...

OOOOOooohhhh!!!! That is sooo cute! I love it! It definately needs black buttons. What pattern is that?? Is that section in the front smocked, or can I just buy it in the store? That is so adorable!

Laura Lee said...

I'm finally done!!! I finished it tonight. I had to take the cuffs off the sleeves and let them out a little bit so that they would fit the little girl better. I sure didn't want to do that! The section in the front is smocked and you might be able to get Melanie to do it for you! She even has my pleater! hahaha I went with pink buttons after I decided that if they were black then it would draw your eyes AWAY from the cute bow! I ended up hemming it 4 inches and it is just makes it absolutely ADORABLE! I sure hope NONE of my kids have girls or I would end up doing this all the time! hahaha

Melanie said...

It turned out really cute. I can't wait to see it next to the boys' outfits.

Laura Lee said...

Oh my goodness! That is what I was thinking when I finished it! hahaha I thought of what a cute cute pic it will make to have them up there in the line with their black gingham smocked outfits--especially now that they know how to say 1-2-3-cheese!